Sunday, June 7, 2020

A note

It's been an intense couple of weeks here in Minnesota, and I didn't feel that my usual thing made much sense. The peonies are just starting to bloom here, so would you accept a kind thought and a flower?


There's a family story with these plants. They're supposed to have been brought to Amery, Wisconsin by family members sometime in the 19th century, then my grandparents brought them to Cottage Grove. When they passed away and their house was being readied to be sold, their children, including my mother, each took some of the plants and planted them at their own homes. Now, that would make for some ancient plants, even for something as famously long-lived as peonies, but I can personally attest to a few of those decades. On the other hand, the flowers themselves are here and gone, blooming for just a short time in early June.

No comments:

Post a Comment